1. Which market is better to get marble for home flooring, Kishangarh or Makrana?
Kishangarh is called the marble city of the world and here are several dealers who can offer everything related to marble and stone. Both Indian and Italian marble is readily available and Bhandari Marble Group is among the Top 10 Marble importers, exporters, Manufacturers, Dealers and stockist in the Kishangarh Marble mandi. Kishangarh is also the place where most Indian marbles are found. So, the Kishangarh Marble Mandi is definitely better than Makrana.
2. How do I select the right marble for my home?
You will be the best judge for this question if you consider these aspects: your budget, floor coverage area, maintenance demands of the marble you choose, and any color/stain preferences. Choosing a low priced may be inferior in quality that may require you to polish after a few years and may absorb stains and discolour. The right choice would be weigh between Indian Marble, Italian Marble, Granite and other Natural Stone.
3. What are the marble prices in Makrana?
Starting From 125 Rs/Sqft C Grade Quality & It’s Up To 500–600 Rs/Sqft Max.
4. Which marble is better for flooring, Italian or Katni marble?
Each of them has its own pros and cons. Let us list them:
Katni- It is an Indian marble. It is the closest match to a typical beige Italian marble. It generally has dramatic veins. The fineness in joints is hard to achieve hence, even after laying it down, joints are visible. It is very easy to work with this stone. An average cost to lay it down is around 20–30 rs per sq ft. The skills required to lay down this stone need not be great. It does not shine like its Italian counterparts. Even if it slightly does, the shine retention won’t be much. It is much more durable and stain resistant than Italian marbles.
It is more of a limestone category. It is soft and porous. It is very hard to work with them. A block is first reinforced with a granite slab and epoxy adhesive. It is then cut into slabs. Then it is furthermore strengthened by fibers and epoxy glues. THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH INDIAN MARBLES. This stone is expensive- from 250 per sq ft onwards and laying it down is further expensive. Labour with polishing will cost around 100 rs per sq ft plus chemicals.
And the best part of this stone is that you can make it look flawless, and joint free. It can shine like a crystal and can retain this shine for years. Sadly, it is not that durable. It needs a lot of maintenance. Yearly sealing and polishing is required. It will absorb stains very quickly.
5. I have to construct a new home. Which is better for flooring, marble, granite, or tiles?
Tiles: There are two kinds; ceramic and porcelain. The main difference between them is that the porcelain is pure silica right through to the bottom. Ceramic tiles have around a 1/2″ layer of tile on a base (usually cement). They work better in cooler environments because they don’t retain heat. Very low maintenance, hard wearing and easy to clean. Come with a large variety of sizes, colours and designs. There are even options available that most people think are actually hardwood. They are more difficult to install though and usually require a proper subflooring to ensure proper installation. They are prone to cracking if there is no place for them to expand and shrink (not installed properly). If one of your tiles break a few years down the road and you don’t have any spare tiles then it will be very hard to do a quick fix and you’ll probably have to change the whole floor.
Stone (slate/limestone/etc….): A porous material that doesn’t retain heat. Usually on the higher end. Hard wearing but needs a lot of maintenance. Usually to rough underfoot in its natural state (processes slate in the form of tiles though is closer to ceramic tiles than natural stone). Colours and options are limited.
Marble (granite): Granite is not a conman flooring material as it’s extremely hard to cut. Marble is a porous material good for cooler climates as it doesn’t retain heat. But that also means you need to be careful with moisture. Hard wearing and can be easily fixed by sanding off the top layer and refinishing. Lots of options and sizes. More variety than tiles because you can cut it any shape you want or have large seamless slabs of marble (more expensive though).
6. Which is the best marble or tile for flooring?
Marble flooring is considered very stylish. Polished Finish ,Hone Finish and Sand or abrasive finish.
• Marbles are very easy to maintain and can be re-polished if you need to bring the shine again.
• You can Polish the marble after few years to bring the shine back.
• Marble flooring is known for its superior, decent and decorative occurrence. It is considered a style symbol.
• Marble flooring is Long Lasting.
• Cool surface of marble tiles in home and other places is very pleasant and comfortable underfoot during the summer Season.
• Marble floor is very easy to maintain and only requires occasional sweeping and polishing.
Tiles flooring is used for many type of flooring.
Tiles flooring is one of the fastest and stylish growing trends in flooring and comes in a huge variety of colors, styles and patterns. Brick floor tiles are all the ultra-fashionable these days.
• Tiles in floors is very easy to maintain as well as tiles are easily swiped, mopped and cleaned.
• Tile flooring are very strong.
• Tile flooring is Bacteria free.
• Tile flooring is good insulators.
• Tiles flooring are Fire proof.
• Now there are anti slip tile variant available in the market.
7. How much does granite flooring cost in India?
This is a very general but very vague question. The price of granites depend on availability, demand, processing technology, color, hardness, size and thickness. To keep it simple, let’s take just one common criteria.. Thickness. You can get granite tiles n slabs. Tiles come in 10 mm, 12 mm, 15mm n 18mm thickness n slabs 15mm 18mm, 20mm n 30 mm fr kitchen counter n stairs.
8. What are the advantages Of Marble Flooring?
Marble flooring is known for its superior, decent and decorative occurrence. It is considered a style symbol.
Marble flooring is Long Lasting.
Cool surface of marble tiles in home and other places is very pleasant and comfortable underfoot during the summer Season.
Marble floor is very easy to maintain and only requires occasional sweeping and polishing.